Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Learning About Plants

Last chapter in Science we learned about plants.  We made a cool project that involved planting a lima bean in dirt and watching it grow.  The cool part about it is that we planted them in clear CD cases so we could see the roots and everything else growing.  I got this idea from someone else :) I am a pinterest fanatic and found it on there at 2busybrunettes.com. I forgot to take a picture so here is a picture of their example.


CD case plant
 When learning what the roots, stem, and leaves do for a plant I drew a picture on the white board so the students could actually see what I was talking about and what we were reading about. Air and light go in through the leaves to make food. The food travels down the stem to feed the plant. Water travels up through the roots and goes through the stem.


Flower Drawing

Then I turned my drawing into a poster to keep for the future.



Plant Poster

~Ms. Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment