Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall art projects

Again, here I am playing catch up with some fall art projects we have created.  Project time is by far my favorite part of the week.  We do a project every Wednesday and sometimes Fridays.


Fall Leaf Rubbings
When the leaves started falling from the trees, but were still soft, I had my class bring leaves to school.  In science we were learning about plant parts and this project would tie in perfectly.  The students laid a piece of white paper on top of leaves and rubbed the wide side of a crayon over them.  I chose only fall colors for the crayons.  When the papers were filled with leaf rubbings we painted with brown water colors over the entire paper.  Then they used fancy scissors to cut around the edge of the white paper.  Lastly, the students backed their creations with fall colored construction paper. 



Button Trees
 My mom really wanted me to do this project, so I gave in ;)  Partners traced each others arms/hands and then they were painted brown.  After the paint was dry, the kids got to pick out buttons to glue on as leaves.

Fall projects... DONE :)

~Ms. Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment