Thursday, February 28, 2013

He loves me, he loves me not...

Happy Valentine's Day!  I love this holiday- the pink, the hearts, the chocolate... what's not to love?  We had fun decorating our room.


I think this bulletin board is so cute but it does look kind of skimpy...  There are only 8 'chocolates' in my heart box.  Of course it would look better with more kids.  Next year I might try larger pictures inside coffee filters.  And it is true, they really are my sweeties :)



Every year they think this is magic!  I have red, white, pink, and purple crayon shavings that we sandwich in between two pieces of wax paper then iron.  This is more of a 'watch what happens as your teacher does all the work' kind of project but that's ok. 



One of my Valentine's Day gifts to my students was heart shaped crayons.  It is way easier that I thought it would be.  The most time consuming part of making these was breaking up the crayons into little pieces.  On mine, there is a clearish wax layer that floated to the top that doesn't produce any color. But when using they adjust the crayons and they can create such cool pictures!

Happy Valentine's Day!

~Ms. Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment