Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Craziness!!

Halloween is next week... it feels like yesterday was October 1st!  I can't believe it!  The classroom is looking particularly spooky this time of year and I love it :)

We are all Spook-tacular 1st Graders.  They loved making their own ghosts.  Some are on skateboards and some are wearing clothes and jewelry!  So creative and SpOoKy!

 
I saw an idea on Pinterest and really wanted to do it.  I felt a little crazy for thinking of trying it with 6 and 7 year olds.  GLITTER pumpkins.  This is by far my favorite way to decorate pumpkins right now!  I don't like carving them, and we usually paint so I wanted to try something different.  It turns out all we needed was some patience and a little Elmer's Spray Glue and we were good to go!  I think they look like pumpkin shaped Christmas ornaments. And who doesn't love Glitter!!??

 

We teamed up with the 2nd grade class and made a Halloween treat.  Halloween Hands!! Made from gloves, candy corn, pop corn, and a fancy spider ring.  Here is our whole group with their completed hands.


Last but certainly not least-our Eerie Silhouettes for the hallway.  This is such a cute project, definitely one of my favorites.  I took profile pictures of each child, placed a clip art hat on their picture on the computer and printed.  Then we traced, cut them out, and glued to paper that we painted with water colors on.  I keep telling myself to by a cheap witches hat for this project but never remember.  Clip art does just fine!

 
 
 

Happy Haunting!

~Ms. Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment