Thursday, April 18, 2013

The joys of testing :)

State testing was last week.  It was a joy, let me tell you :)  Even though it is not mandatory for 1st grade to be tested in SD, we do it anyways.  It is an older version of test that we do, just to give the students a little test taking practice.  The kids all did great!  Of course, a little motivation never hurt anyone...




 

 
 
 
 
I found these Smartie Pants on Pinterest.  The smarties are supposed to be a belt, attached to the pants with belt loops.  But my pants were too small (story of my life!) so I just taped them on.
 

 Another day we had Airhead candies before testing to fill our brains, and our bellies.  I came into a room full of blue and green tongued students :)











These were some marshmallow eggs, flavored with orange, lime, and strawberry.  Every day of testing these treats were on desks to enjoy before we starting testing for the day.

Also, in between tests we did some large motor activities.  I found a website that has some great videos for movement.  We enjoyed our dance breaks!

 
 
~Ms. Anglin