Monday, September 24, 2018

Art

I think a little part of me, a secret part, would love to be an art teacher :)  Its so much fun!  This year we are responsible for teaching our classes art, if we so desire.  Well, I scoured the internet for projects this summer and have been tickled pink with the level of creativeness and enthusiasm for art in my classroom.  I've always been big on crafts and holiday/season themed art projects.  This year I hope to teach the first graders several art techniques that they have possibly never seen or used themselves.

The first project we did was a crayon/water color resist using their hand prints and different designs filling up the space inside their prints. 
I love how different they are
Then, they learned how to use water color paints and painted over the top of their hands.  They could not believe their eyes when the paint stayed away from the wax of the crayons.
Brayden working hard

Sirenna filling her paper up


















A finished product hanging in the hall

They did a great job with the water colors!




















I know this is only the 2nd art project we've done this year but I am already considering my favorite.  My apologies to future projects, but you have nothing on this one. 
My favorite animal is a giraffe and I am embarrassingly obsessed with them.  I found such a cute project based on the book "Giraffes Can't Dance".  We followed the step by step instructions that included free hand drawing the giraffe, cutting it out, and painting the background.  I may not send these home, they may be mine forever :)
Maddyx coloring her giraffe

Brylee coloring her giraffe

Colby coloring his giraffe
I do not have an 'in the process of painting' photo- I was far too busy helping and painting myself to take pictures.  So you will just have to have finish product pictures instead.  I am dying over the cuteness of these dancing giraffes!
Shake it to the left

Dancin' in the Moonlight

Everybody dance now!
I am excited to show you more art pieces throughout the year.  This class is so creative and not afraid to try new things!

~Ms. Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment